Happy First Day of Spring!
This week marks the first official day of spring. Can you believe we made it through yet another winter?
Let the barefoot-in-the-grass spring celebration begin!
To mark this beautiful (albeit rainy) first day of spring, we’re bringing to you an easy recipe filled with light & bright green ingredients. You know, that brilliant & vivid chartreuse palate that begins to scatter the landscape here in Central Virginia in late March and early April? It’s the new grass, budding trees and daffodil shoots. Why not take that concept and turn it into a delicious and quick flatbread pizza recipe?
Ricotta Flatbread Pizza with Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus
Find our live video below…and in the meantime, feast your eyes on this delicious fresh recipe that will take 10 minutes to put together.
Special Announcement: Our Vie Spring Sale
Beginning at the end of March, stay tuned for our second sale of the year! You’ll get huge discounts on your subscription plus a few freebies thrown in just for being a new Vie subscriber. If you’ve been on the fence, now’s the time. The grass is really greener!
If you’re not on our email list yet, now’s the time to subscribe! You’ll get a special early email alert before our sale starts with an exclusive promo code…SIGN UP TODAY by scrolling to the top of the site.
MAIN Ricotta Flatbread Pizza with Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus
Yield 2 flatbreads
In the summer we crave light and fun recipes here at Vie. We love the idea of making a white flatbread pizza with ricotta + pesto as a base. Probably our favorite part of this recipe, however, is the prosciutto-wrapped asparagus. As the pizza bakes, the prosciutto crisps up slowly around the asparagus, basting it in that delicious salty flavor while helping to keep the asparagus from over cooking.
The result is perfectly cooked, bright green asparagus stems with a bacon-like outer crunch. Yum!
1 pkg flatbread (need at least 2 sheets)
1 16-oz container ricotta
1 jar basil pesto
1/2 tsp salt
½-1 cup parmesan, grated
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
1 pkg prosciutto, pieces sliced in half width-wise
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ricotta, basil pesto and salt. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Spread ricotta-pesto mixture all over the flatbread. Set on a slightly oiled baking sheet.
- Sprinkle ricotta-pesto mixture with parmesan, using as much as desired and saving some for garnish before serving.
- Trim woody ends off of asparagus and unwrap prosciutto, slicing each piece in half width-wise. Wrap prosciutto around each asparagus spear in a diagonal motion to cover the entire spear and also evenly distribute the prosciutto.
- Place each wrapped asparagus spear on top of the pizza and bake for 20 minutes, or until asparagus is bright green and prosciutto is crisp.
- Slice into 3x3 squares and serve hot.