What do moms love best?
Well, besides their children (of course) moms really don’t need much on Mother’s Day to feel loved and celebrated. In fact, as a mom, I would argue that every day filled with sweet kisses, little hands clutching yours and beautiful moments of love and appreciation are all a mom needs. Moms (most days) enjoy Mother’s Day every day.
But what about the special day that is rapidly approaching? I know one of my favorite things is breakfast in bed. So if you’re wondering what to do for your mom this year that might make her feel extra special…try making these awesome breakfast treats for her.
BONUS We are including a recipe for our new favorite thing: strawberries & cream scones – warm and crispy..not much can be better than that. Make the dough for these the night before, then scoop them out onto a baking sheet and throw them into a preheated oven. Twenty minutes later…you’ll have Strawberries & Cream Scones warm and ready to be delivered on a tray complete with all the fixin’s.
As if this simple gesture isn’t enough, we’ve got you covered in the gift department as well!
Head to our Instagram page and enter to win a Mother’s Day Gift Basket.
One lucky winner from the Charlottesville-area will have this basket hand-delivered just in time for the big day! The basket includes Breakfast in Bed essentials (to make the recipe featured below), as well as, other amazing local goodies. These include more breakfast in bed options from Trader Joe’s (cold brew coffee, wine, flowers), a mani-pedi set, a one month gift certificate from Baby Boot Camp Charlottesville , and a Whimsies gift set including a relaxing Lavender Bath Bomb & gorgeous earrings. To top it all off, Mom will also receive an Annual Subscription to Vie!
Hurry!! Enter to win before we choose the lucky recipient of this Giveaway on Thursday!
Strawberries & Cream Scones
Yield 10 scones
The perfect spring treat for Mother's Day breakfast in bed or anytime!
1/2 cup vegetable oil or melted butter (1 stick)
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 large eggs
1/4 tsp salt
5 Tbsp vanilla sugar or regular sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
2-3 cups flour, start with 2 cups then go from there
1 cup dehydrated strawberries
1 Tbsp sugar for garnish
- Begin by preheating oven to 375 F.
- Whisk all wet ingredients in a bowl with salt and sugar until well-combined.
- Add baking powder and whisk until smooth.
- Add flour, beginning with 2 cups. Switch to a spatula and fold in flour until it is absorbed. Add more flour as needed to form a dough that is fairly stiff and stays put when formed into a ball.
- Fold in strawberries and using a large cookie scoop, spoon six equal portions onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the tops with garnishing sugar and place in the oven to bake for 20 minutes, rotating halfway through if needed.
- Serve hot with unsalted butter and strawberry jam or whipped cream if desired!