Maybe steaks are a bit redundant for Father’s Day but what’s not is learning how to cook them perfectly (on the grill or on the stove).
Today we’ll show you how, just in time for the Big Day! Join us for our Live Video Tutorial on our Facebook page (and follow us to get notifications when we do our future video tutorials) to learn the in’s and out’s for cooking a fantastic steak from our Meal Planner (and Dad), Matt Monson.
Use this promo code at checkout to snap up the perfect gift for the food-lovin’ Dad in your life: dadslovevie18
Keep reading to see our other awesome video for Skillet Steak au Poivre and check out the recipe below for an amazing take on Teriyaki Steak!
MAIN Teriyaki Steak with Asparagus Sauté
Yield 4-6 servings
Learn how to make Teriyaki sauce like a pro! I always have these pantry staples on hand for just this purpose. Asparagus is such a healthy addition, too, and by cooking quickly you'll be left with a crunchy but slightly softer side.
⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
⅓ cup honey or agave
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 pinch red pepper flakes
1 yellow onion, sliced thinly
1 can pineapple rings (reserve juice for marinade)
½ bunch cilantro, rinsed, chopped and divided
1-2 lbs steak (quantity depends on family size)
1 bunch asparagus
- Give yourself an hour or so to prepare marinade and allow steaks to marinate for at least 45 minutes before cooking. *This can be done a day in advance.
- Combine balsamic vinegar, honey or agave, soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, red pepper flakes, onion, 1/2 the can of pineapple, pineapple juice, half the cilantro and steaks in a plastic bag or container with a lid. Marinate for at least 45 minutes and up to 1 day.
- When ready to cook steaks, heat a skillet on high heat and drizzle a small amount of vegetable oil in the pan.
- Carefully remove steaks from marinade and add to the pan, cooking 4-6 minutes on each side depending on thickness and how well done you like your steaks. This timing is for medium-rare to medium doneness.
- Remove steaks to a plate when cooked and allow to rest for 10 minutes, then slice thinly against the grain.
- While steaks are resting, add the asparagus pieces to the same skillet, pour over the rest of the marinade and cook them over medium heat until just tender.
- Serve with sliced steak and garnish with the other half of the pineapples and the rest of the chopped cilantro.