Hey fans! We are bustling with activity over here! Since most of us are parents, Back to School for us means more time to develop recipes, post videos and launch new series, like this one coming at you every Monday. Find our weekly tips on our blog here and also in video and stories on our Facebook and Instagram accounts!
While the Coffee is Brewing…
Each Monday, we’ll show you a 5 minute video tutorial that highlights what can be accomplished in the morning food prep-wise to help you get ahead of what can often be a tricky dinner situation, especially when we are all getting back into the groove of new schedules, meetings and Back to School nights. Hang tight, these tutorials are aimed to help save you time and teach you a cool new skill every Monday!
This week’s topic is one that is continuing to trend everywhere we look: Spiralized Zucchini Noodles, or Zoodles. Use the recipe below to make this for dinner tonight while squash is still in season and follow our suggestions for making a healthy dinner, then transforming leftovers in new ways to create an entirely new dish that’s perfect for work or school lunch.
Stay tuned for a live video at 2 pm on our Facebook page! In today’s video we will highlight a no-cook option that uses a Lime Vinaigrette to gently cook the Zoodles all week in the fridge. Just think, every time you reach for more they are still crisp and fresh with TONS of flavor from the marinade!
MAIN Shrimp Scampi with Green Goddess Zoodles
Yield 4-6 servings
A healthy and fun alternative to pasta noodles!
1 bunch parsley
1 bunch cilantro
4 cloves garlic, divided: half left whole, half minced
½-1 cup mayo
1 pinch red pepper flakes
1 lemon, zested and juiced
A few Tbsp water as needed
1 tsp salt and pepper, divided
1 pkg zucchini noodles (zoodles)
1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined (can be frozen)
1 tsp olive oil
- In a blender, add half the parsley and cilantro with the whole garlic, mayo, red pepper flakes and lemon zest + juice. Blend until smooth, adding a splash of water as needed to help it come together.
- Add the rest of the parsley and cilantro and blend until smooth, adding more water again if needed. Add half the salt and pepper, give it one more blend until everything is incorporated.
- Preheat oven to 400 F and on a baking dish, arrange zoodles. Pour ½ cup Green Goddess Dressing over top and toss to coat.
- Add shrimp over the Zoodles and drizzle with remaining salt, pepper, minced garlic and the 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-25 minutes, or until Zoodles are bright green and shrimp is opaque.
Leave a Reply