Ever wondered how to get Pumpkin Pie just right?
Well, ditch everything you knew about traditional pumpkin pie, including the crust! We stumbled upon this amazing and easy recipe called Impossible Pumpkin Pie, which requires neither a crust nor custard mix.
Simply combine pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, a couple of eggs, pumpkin pie spice (we used Golden Milk), sugar, and just a bit of self-rising flour! The result is a silky, cake-like pie that bakes up with no hassle, and requires no setting. Never mind the bother of making pie dough, which let’s face it, we love, but there will be time for that later!!
Impossible Pumpkin Pie
Yield 2 pies
Taken from a gem of a cookbook compiled by employees of Hollister in the Shenandoah Valley, just a stone's throw from us in Stuarts Draft, VA. We love it when we can find a recipe that really works and requires as little time and ingredients as possible. We hope you enjoy this treasure!
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 can pumpkin puree (plain)
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice or Golden Milk
2 tsp vanilla
1 can evaporated milk
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a blender, or by hand, combine all wet ingredients first and mix until fluffy and smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk dry ingredients until no lumps remain.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredient mixture and blend or mix by hand until smooth.
- Pour mixture evenly between two pie dishes that are well-oiled.
- Place in the oven and bake until centers are set (no longer "jiggly"), about 50 minutes.