MAIN Bronzed Salmon
Yield 4-6 servings
Here's a simple way to have delicious, Cajun spice-encrusted salmon in under 15 minutes!
1-2 lbs salmon fillets (quantity depends on family size)
2 Tbsp paprika*
1 Tbsp chile lime spice mix, lemon pepper seasoning, onion salt, ground black pepper*
1 tsp oregano, thyme*
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 lb green beans, trimmed
1 batch Carrot Coconut Curry Puree, recipe below
- Preheat a cast iron skillet with olive oil and butter over medium heat.
- Remove fillets from packaging and blot dry with a paper towel on all sides.
- Combine spice mixture with fingers and coat both sides of the fish, reserving a Tbsp of spice mixture for later.
- Add fish skin-side down in the pan and set a timer for 2-3 minutes, depending on thickness.
- Resist the urge to move fish.
- Once timer has gone off and the bottom is blackened, carefully flip with two forks, making sure not to pierce flesh of fish.
- Blacken on the other side for 2-3 minutes, remove and add to a plate of warmed Carrot Coconut Curry Puree (below).
- Keep heat on the skillet, add oil if needed to coat bottom of pan, and add green beans.
- Sprinkle remaining spice mixture on top and cook beans for 5 minutes or until bright green.
In place of *'d ingredients, use an equal amount of Cajun/Creole Seasoning.
Recipe by Vie at https://getvie.com/free-meal-plans/