Here’s you’ll find the full recipes (including ingredients and instructions) from Lila’s Birthday Celebration at Williams Sonoma.
1 pkg cupcake liners
1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp baking powder
2 1/2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 eggs @ room temperature
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line muffin tins with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, add all dry ingredients and mix with a paddle attachment to combine and "sift."
- Add melted butter, sugar and eggs, and beat on high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add vanilla and buttermilk and mix gently until just combined.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to portion out batter, making sure to fill each cupcake paper halfway full only.
- Bake for 12-20 minutes, or until cupcakes are domed and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before icing.
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
4 sticks (1 lb) unsalted butter, left at room temperature for at least 12 hours in a cool place
1 pkg (3 1/2 cups) powdered sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp vanilla
- In the bowl of an electric mixer set up with a whisk attachment, add butter and beat on high for 2 minutes to fluff up!
- Add powdered sugar a cup at a time, decreasing speed with each addition at first, then increasing speed to high to aerate icing.
- Add salt and vanilla once all powdered sugar has been added and continue whipping until desired consistency has been reached.
- Keep icing at room temperature until ready to use. Refrigerating will harden the icing and ruin its consistency.