This recipe is up on the Whole Foods meal plan this week but it’s just too good not to share!
Use salmon steaks or frozen salmon fillets (both on sale this week at Whole Foods Market) and make this delicious & easy herby green sauce to go on top. The recipe calls for oranges (both zest and juice) in the sauce but peaches can be substituted for a truly local flavor.
- 1 bunch fresh oregano, leaves removed
- 1 bunch fresh mint, leaves removed
- 2 oranges, zested and juiced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp salt and pepper, divided
- 2-4 Norway/Iceland fresh Atlantic salmon steaks S or frozen salmon fillets, defrosted
- 1 cup white wine or water
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- Set oven temperature to 250 F.
- Begin by making oregano-mint sauce: in a blender or food processor, puree oregano leaves, mint leaves, orange zest, orange juice, half of olive oil and half of salt and pepper. Pulse until smooth.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Pour the rest of the olive oil in the pan and add salmon steaks (without crowding pan). Cook each for 5-6 minutes per side, using a spatula to shimmy under each steak and flip carefully without breaking apart fish.
- Remove fish after cooking and place on a plate. Keep warm in the oven covered loosely in foil.
- In the same pan you cooked the fish, add white wine or water and deglaze pan over medium heat. Add green beans and cover. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Serve with green beans + glaze from pan (those are important flavors!) and top with a salmon steak and a drizzle of oregano-mint sauce.